Hudson Kitchen, a rentable commercial kitchen, is new space for culinary entrepreneurs opening in Jersey City. To celebrate the opening, there is an event called Table Talk Live. Learn more here.
What is Hudson Kitchen?
“Hudson Kitchen will be the only Hudson County commercial kitchen available 24/7. We’ve been busy since embarking on this project—site selection, listening to local entrepreneurs to customize our kitchen rental and commissary system and launching a full program of networking events and culinary business workshops. We know the need is great. And we’re proud to partner with the Hudson County food entrepreneur community to fill this gap and help them grow their businesses and fulfill their culinary dreams.”
What inspired you to create this business?
“Hudson Kitchen is a labor of love—a love of healthy food and a love of providing service and filling a need. I worked many years as a senior digital marketing exec for major magazines and sought a career change a few years ago. With my personal focus on health and wellness, I decided I wanted to launch a healthy meal delivery service. I collaborated with a chef, developed a menu and started testing recipes. But we ran into a roadblock—there were no commercial kitchens in our area within 10 miles. I started talking more and more with other local culinary entrepreneurs, and realized we had a problem.
And I’ve always been a problem solver! Food entrepreneurs were renting restaurants and church kitchens after hours. They were using their home kitchens and kitchens in friends’ homes. Or they were driving miles and miles away to prepare their meals. And some even were putting their culinary dreams on hold. So Hudson Kitchen was born. I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I decided to create my own.”
What is the Table Talk Live event?
- Meet entrepreneurs, restaurant owners, executives, food truck operators, chefs, farmers, journalists, investors, developers and more
- Hear the panel of food makers talk about their diverse paths to making careers in the culinary industry work for them
- Sample a tasting menu from area startups
- Alissandra (Ali) Maffucci, food blogger, New York Times best-selling cookbook author and culinary entrepreneur, founder of Inspiralized and creator of the Inspiralizer;
- Alysis Vasquez, executive chef and owner of the Jersey City Chef Collective & Supper Club, Chilltown Kitchen;
- Dawn Pascale, founder of OM Sweet Home, a specialty bakery focusing on plant-based and gluten-free desserts & cakes for wholesale, corporate and private events;
- Eddie Cotto, Jr., executive chef and owner of ME Casa, a Puerto Rican inspired restaurant and catering company; and
- Lloyd Ortuoste, co-founder of #Baonanas, an artisanal banana pudding company
- 6-7 PM Networking & Snacks
- 7-8:15 PM Panel Discussion and Q&A Session
- 8:15-9 PM More Networking
ADMISSION: $15/per person
DATE: March 9th, 6-9PM
LOCATION: 109 Christopher Columbus Jersey City, NJ 07302